25 Simple Past Tense Exercise with Answers
A simple Past tense is a form of tense that describes an event that occurred at a specific time in the past. The verb used in this tense must be the second verb (verb 2).
- The mechanic … my father’s motor well. (fix)
- My father … the motorbike to the garage for repair. (take)
- Aisyah never … other people. (bother)
- Akram … editing 1 video for 2 hours. (finish)
- We … our uncle and aunt in Surabaya. (visit)
- I … entrepreneurship training at the Senyiur hotel. (take)
- He … us to the station by car. (drive)
- Akmal … a cartoon animation for his YouTube channel. (create)
- Mother … the watch in Singapore. (buy)
- They … the pre-history museum last semester. (visit)
- We … for the rain to stop before continuing the climb. (wait)
- Akmal … diving for 5 years in Balikpapan. (practice)
- Aisyah … reading the book in 2 days. (finish)
- Government forces … the rebel resistance after 3 years. (crush)
- Aisyah and Akram … the video over and over. (watch)
- Our family … this house for 2 years. (build)
- I … Ria in the park this afternoon. (meet)
- Akram … English at the University of Oxford. (study)
- Dad … uncle last night. (call)
- We … around the city of Samarinda by bicycle. (travel)
- My brother always … for work on time. (leave)
- I … this laptop 5 years ago. (buy)
- Auntie … her house to pay off her debt. (sell)
- Our team … this book for a year. (compile)
- Father … Mother in 2010 in Samarinda. (marry)
- The mechanic fixed my father’s motor well.
- My father took the motorbike to the garage for repair.
- Aisyah never bothered other people.
- Akram finished editing 1 video for 2 hours.
- We visited our uncle and aunt in Surabaya.
- I took entrepreneurship training at the Senyiur hotel.
- He drove us to the station by car.
- Akmal created a cartoon animation for his YouTube channel.
- Mother bought the watch in Singapore.
- They visited the pre-history museum last semester.
- We waited for the rain to stop before continuing the climb.
- Akmal practiced diving for 5 years in Balikpapan.
- Aisyah finished reading the book in 2 days.
- Government forces crushed the rebel resistance after 3 years.
- Aisyah and Akram watched the video over and over.
- Our family built this house for 2 years.
- I met Ria in the park this afternoon.
- Akram studied English at the University of Oxford.
- Dad called uncle last night.
- We traveled around the city of Samarinda by bicycle.
- My brother always left for work on time.
- I bought this laptop 5 years ago.
- Auntie sold her house to pay off her debt.
- Our team compiled this book for a year.
- Father married Mother in 2010 in Samarinda.
|fix||:||to repair or correct something.|
|take||:||to carry or move something from one place to another.|
|bother||:||to annoy, worry, or upset somebody.|
|finish||:||to stop doing something or making something because it is complete.|
|visit||:||to go to see a person or a place for a period of time.|
|drive||:||to take somebody somewhere in a car, taxi, etc.|
|create||:||to make something happen or exist.|
|buy||:||to obtain something by paying money for it.|
|wait||:||to stay where you are or delay doing something until somebody/something comes or something happens.|
|practice||:||doing an activity or training regularly so that you can improve your skill.|
|crush||:||to push or press somebody/something into a small space.|
|watch||:||to look at somebody/something for a time, paying attention to what happens.|
|build||:||to make something, especially a building, by putting parts together.|
|meet||:||to be in the same place as somebody by chance and talk to them.|
|study||:||the activity of learning or gaining knowledge, either from books or by examining things in the world.|
|call||:||to phone somebody.|
|travel||:||to go from one place to another, especially over a long distance.|
|leave||:||to go away from a person or a place.|
|sell||:||to give something to somebody in exchange for money.|
|compile||:||to produce a book, list, report, etc. by bringing together different items, articles, songs, etc.|
|marry||:||to become the husband or wife of somebody; to get married to somebody.|